BARCELONA, for the books and for the sun!

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Visa: In Process


I'm back from my San Francisco trip. Quite an experience. Found a hostel near Union Square. Took a cruise with a friend at Fishermen’s Wharf to see the fireworks. Hay mucho frio.

Got up early on Wednesday and walked to the Spanish consulate. Got there at 8:30am. There was already a line of ppl waiting outside and I was #18 on the signup sheet. At 9am, the consulate staff came and took the signup sheet. So basically, if you came after 9am, you couldn't get yourself on the list. There were two people that came out of state (one from Washington and another from Alaska) who had return tickets for the afternoon who arrived after 9. Cannot blame them, 'cause the consulate's website showed the visa officer hours as 9 to 12. Don’t know if they successfully got their visa applications in. As for me, everything went smoothly except for one thing. My clearance letter. It is not enough to get it notarized; I need to get it legalized by the state government. Something about the Apostille of the Hague Convention. At least the good news is that I can have the letter sent in after I get it legalized. Whew. I ran down to the post office in Macy's, got the paperwork sent to Olympia via express. Hopefully I'll get it back next week to send it down to San Francisco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home