BARCELONA, for the books and for the sun!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

3 More Days Left...

...and I will be back in Taiwan. Yup, the first year of my MBA has just ended. And I have gotten word that I won't need to stay back to take the make-up exam. (Well, actually, I didn't get any call saying that I need to stay back, so why don't I just pretend everything is fine for now.)

I haven't blogged for more than 2 months. My excuse is... is... well... oh yeah... 'cause I was travelling. After the Turkey trip, I went to Amsterday for Queen's Day with JD. AMAZING CITY!!! People there are very friendly, quite a change of atmosphere from BCN. We went to Anne Frank's house, Heineken Experience, Van Gogh museum, Rembrandt house, Red Light District, Chinatown (Amsterdam's Chinatown is bigger than Boston's Chinatown!), and Madam Toussaud's Wax Museum. What else did we do, dragged JD up and down the street to "show" JD what "cannibis" smelled like. Couldn't explain with words, had to find an example. Anyways, I LOVE the city.

Early may, the day after the midterms, Fuji and I took a day trip to Girona for the flower festival.

Later, we went to Rome to celebrate JD's birthday. My god. THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE even if it's only the start of the peak travel season. Took us about half an hour to enter St. Peter's Square, 1 hour to wait in line to climb up the Dome. 320 steps. Reclining, narrow, tall, all different types of staircases you can think of were there. Originally, I wasn't planning to go up. But I'm glad that I did. The climb up took almost an hour. The view from the top of the Dome was beyond amazing. Breathtaking. The climb down, albeit faster, was more scarier. The second day, JD, AS and I stood in line for more than 2 hours just to enter the Vatican museum. BH and Fuji were in line for almost four hours. Not only I saw Santi's (Raphael) tomb in the Panteon, in the Vatican Museum, I found myself standing literally in front of "The School of Athens," my favorite painting from the Renaissance. I was never so moved by a painting before. The Sistine Chapel was quite an experience. (The guards there were a bit annoying. "(Clap, clap) Silenzio, (clap, clap) No fotos.") However, with the help of my high resolution Nokia N73, I was able to take a few pictures of the fresco, specifically the one where Christ gave the keys to St. Peter.

These few days, I have been busily packing and moving my stuff to either's AJ or Fuji's place. I HAVE SO MUCH STUFF. Well, the stack of cases and notes is about the same height as I am. Over the past few months I was somehow able to accumulate about two dozen Spanish books, of which I don't think I really read any of them in its entirety. Left those books at Fuji's place, hopefully she can make good use of them over the summer. I got about another 60% more stuff I need to move. Manaña, Manaña.

Okay, it's 3 in the morning, I should either go back to packing or go to bed. Wait, I cannot go to bed. EVERYTHING is on my bed. No place to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home