BARCELONA, for the books and for the sun!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Surviving...

Finished the first 4 weeks of classes. Got 6 classes this term, excluding my daily Spanish classes. I don't know how I am going to handle them. Accounting is plain hard. (Don't laugh, it is.) Decision analysis (my favorite) got too many stats/probabilities/judgment/"act of god" variables. Marketing has long cases. OB, not bad, basically like social psyc and behavior economics. Managerial communication, pretty laid-back. Analysis of Business Problems, the wild card.

During my first few weeks I have been diligently following my promise of a cultural/historical/tourist thing once every two weeks. But once the case load started kicking in, hehe, "Houston, tenemos un problema."

Academic life is quite hectic here. I got backlogs of email that I need to reply to. Then I got my internship stuff I need to work on. And most importantly, Spanish. I'm getting myself a tutor. I don't want to leave Barcelona only able to say "queria este". Oh yeah, we are on our 4th past tense now.

I actually got a pretty bad cold now (my third once since getting here) and the timing isn't any better. I'm suppose to write a script for one of our movie project by tonight. Actually, I promised to have two different versions. We are meeting at a friend's place for dinner and discussion. From last night to today, I have been gulping Tylenol like crazy. Well, not that crazy, I'm still within the max. of 8 gelcaps within 24 hours limit. At least I'm doing something fun. Script-writing is one of the few theatrical thing I haven't done yet. Pretty surprised when during our group meeting, a group member very seriously said that I should be the script writer. Reminds me of my dad who told me to write a book. Ha, me write? I can barely write in complete sentences. For now, I actually have the perfect scenes in my head. Now I need to put them on paper.

Last night I went to a friend's place for dinner. Her girlfriend is such a great cook. Nice to have homemade Taiwanese food. I just kept on eating and eating. (Yeah, me a piggy.) Wednesday is a holiday and I'm meeting up with a few friends for lunch. Originally I was going to cook, I even wrote a menu. But, considering that I don't think I'll feel that much better after only 2 sleep-deprived days, we will probably eat out.

Okay, I need to work on the script. Hopefully I'll become the next Stephen Gaghan.

1 Comments:

  • At 01 November, 2006 18:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Luckily came across this blog. Great one on IESE. I am eager to learn your experiences in IESE since I am applying this year.

    Thank you,
    Bright

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home