BARCELONA, for the books and for the sun!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

At Barcelona!

Flew Scandinavian Air from Seattle to Copenhagen and then Spanair to Barcelona. Seeing Copenhagen's airport made me think about Copenhagen Business School. Actually, through this whole flight I have been thinking about my decision of going to IESE. Never was (and still am) so uncertain of a choice that I made.

Maybe it was because I applied to all the schools at different time and got responses back quite far apart from each other. I had to make a decision soon mainly for visa purpose. I even had to withdraw my applications from IE and ESADE since I didn't have time to wait for their admissions reponses. Is it because the application process and, especially, the final decision was rushed that I feel insecure? Or is it because I know that a MBA program is like no returns final sale item that I only got one chance? I do not know.

On my way to Copenhagen, I was, I think, the one of two Asians on board. This shouldn't be too surprising, though. Going to a different country is challenging. Going to a place with a whole different ethnical make-up is challenging. Going to a place not speaking the local language (in Barcelona, it's languages, plural, Catalan and Spanish) is challenging. Man, just going BACK to school is challenging.

I'm about done w/ unpacking. Seems like I am doing a much faster job than before. Going to meet up w/ a few classmates for dinner and for drinks. Btw, it's about 9pm. And it's still considered early for dinner for most Spaniards. Talk about cultural shock.

1 Comments:

  • At 28 August, 2006 04:34 , Blogger nina s. said...

    o don't worry bout not knowing what rss is hehe :)
    rss allows you to subscribe to 'blogs' on your personalized 'newspaper'; so if you are subsribed to blogs through rss you can read all the new blog posts on this personalized newspaper

    i use my yahoo to read rss from newspapers or personal blogs; one example is engadget.com where u'll find on the left, img icons that says rss2.0; click on that to get the rss url and insert it to your rss reader

    not sure if that was clear? :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home