BARCELONA, for the books and for the sun!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Tanned and Tired

Just finished my first two weeks of Spanish. Since I haven't studied Spanish for 6 years, I am having quite a hard time understanding what's going on. Grammar part is okay, but listening and speaking, that’s hard. I was placed in level 3 (total of 12 levels) and surprisingly, I passed that level and now I'm in level 4. In the past few days we have been learning 3 different tenses. My biggest problem with Spanish verbs is that verbs can be irregular certain tenses and regular for others. No systematic way of remember those rules.

I am still adjusting to the Barcelona lifestyle. For example, at some produce stands, I am not supposed to touch the produce that I want. But instead I just need to tell the store keeper what I want. I finally found the Chinese supermarket a few days ago. It's at Balmes 6. Got basically everything I need.

Finally got to do a few tourist stuff today. Took the tourist bus w/ two friends. Spent a few hours at Park Guell. Great place.
My goal for these 20 months (besides passing Spanish, getting my MBA and find a job) is to visit a cultural/historical place every two weeks. Yes, this is my goal and me surely going to work hard on it.

Few of us are going to work on our accounting pre-home work tomorrow afternoon. Afterwards me cooking dinner for everybody. I'm getting better and better at cooking, certainly better when compared to 8 years ago when I invited people for a Chinese New Year dinner but had my two friends to cook. Hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home